Brett D. Hall
- 20 years of experience working for SoEnergy International, a global provider of power solutions operating in more than 30 countries with strong focus on projects in LATAM.
- During 2016-2017, as the EVP of the Permanent Power Plant Division, developed and structured two power plants totaling 120 MW in the Argentina thermal energy auctions with Siemens turbines.
- Closed the share purchase of 40% of a Canadian energy company that won four power plant projects totaling 686 MW in the Argentina thermal energy auctions and played an integral role in the issuing of a $500 million bond, the first project bond in Argentina in decades. Negotiated two turn-key EPC contracts to build two of the four power plants in a consortium with Siemens that total 305.5MW.
- During 2008 – 2015, as the CFO of SoEnergy International, structured and financed six power plants in Colombia totaling 174 MW that produced returns higher than 30%. The projects were financed by IFC, CAF, IIC and local Colombian banks.
- In 2010, negotiated a $130 million credit facility with Caterpillar Financial Services to purchase mobile power plants for distributed generation.
- Graduated from the McIntire School of Commerce at the University of Virginia in 1997.
Jose A. Benitez
- Corporate Vice President for Engineering and Business Development of SoEnergy for 18 years, and 35 years of professional experience in the energy sector.
- Market development and engineering design of more than 2.5 GW of electrical capacity, covering all the conversion technologies and a wide range of fuels.
- Previous experience includes working as Head of the Renewable Energy & Cogeneration Department in the Nuclear Energy Institute in Bogotá, Colombia.
- PE in Nuclear Engineering from the Moscow Energy Institute and the University of La Havana, and Master in Thermal Sciences from Universidad Politecnica de Madrid.
Berend van der Berg
- Engineer with 31 years of industry experience with 8 international recognitions.
- During 1986-1999, worked for Wartsila developing the Caribbean and South American markets, opening offices and business in St. Martin, Georgetown Guyana, Bogota and Quito.
- In the 90’s one of the core team within the Wartsila organization structuring IPP, lease, O&M and contract structures.
- From 2000 to 2017, developed a $1.2 billion program focused on energy efficiency in the Ecuadorian petroleum sector that included the development and implementation of more than 600 MW of power generation facilities, 35 substations, 520 km of underground electrical distribution systems, 12 gas handling systems and more than 100 km of gas pipelines while reducing emissions and increasing net oil production for the country.
- Currently serves as an ambassador to the World Bank for their Global Gas Flaring Reduction Partnership and heads up the “Credible and Accessible Information Work Stream”.
Juan Camilo Rojas
- Worked in SoEnergy as the Project Finance Manager preparing the financial due diligence for all Permanent Power Division opportunities.
- Coordinated and executed all of the activities required for the financial closure of each project, while assisting the in the development of new opportunities.
- 2011-2015 worked as an investment banking Associate in Banicol (Colombia) executing projects of M&A, Project Finance, Equity and Debt Financing, Financial Restructuring and Financial Advisory services
- Industrial Engineer and Economist with five years experience in investment banking.
Eduardo Miguel Benitez
Proposal & Sales Director
- Civil engineer with more than 25 years of experience in the fields of civil, environmental and energy engineering.
- More than 20 years of experience as a consultant and civil designer, including feasibility studies in the energy sector, basic and detailed civil design, environmental studies, market benchmarks and proposal preparation.
- Experience as a project director, construction and assembly technical manager of power plants, tunnels, highways, oil wells, schools, hospitals and apartments in Cuba, Colombia, China and Guinea.
- Training & experience in drawing/design software (AutoCad, Revit), project planning/control (MS project, MindView) and sugar process modeling (Sugars International).